LuxRender v1.4 release

News & Announcements regarding releases, features, exporters and project coordination.

Moderators: Dade, coordinators

Re: LuxRender v1.4 release

Postby StanLong » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:46 pm

I, as have many others, have been waiting for more than a year for the next BIG release of Luxrender. I see on BlenderNation it is finally here...except for Windows users. Windows is not a big user group, so who cares right. Yes, it would have been here for Windows users except for excuse1 or excuse2, or excuse3. I understand, even with the promises of midweek and it is coming and its the best thing since sliced bread, its not coming. Probably never. I for one will check back with LuxRender near year end for the next release. Oh, I will not be donating either. That seems to be the only thing that works here. v1.3 was good a year plus ago, but now its just another render solution that has fallen to the side. Bravado without substance.
StanLong

Postby B.Y.O.B. » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:51 pm

If you want the best thing since sliced bread, use the 1.5dev build.

About the rest: https://xkcd.com/438/ (read the mouseover text).
B.Y.O.B.
Developer

Postby DEVIANTAUDIO » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:29 pm

i cant download it it keeps saying unable to connect to exe? gives me a weird page ? can you help please
DEVIANTAUDIO

Postby Skywise » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:22 pm

Yo! Everybody! CHILL. Please? :D

I am just as bummed as everyone else that, as a 32 bit windows user, I can't enjoy the latest release yet. I am stuck with XP because I am broke, although I was forced to buy a new video card recently when mine died. But now I'd now really like to try the latest version to see how how fast I can do GPU rendering. My last video card was actually _slower_ than my quad Core2.

But LuxRender is free. You're not out any money*. And those making LuxRender aren't paid either. They are doing it out of the generosity of THEIR hearts. But they have real jobs and real lives, and I'm getting the impression that the one responsible for the Windows builds has more important things right now.

I don't know what LordCRC's problems are, but it might make him feel better if he knew people were wishing him well rather than bitching that the Windows builds aren't done yet.

Brian

*Your donations are out of the generosity of YOUR heart.
Skywise

Postby FranClod » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:51 am

I agree with those who said about waiting...There are other things more important than a hobby. Like recuperating from illness or demands of real-world jobs, family obligations,etc.that takes precedence over hobbies. So please,have little more patience. I do hope he's well and not in any distress. It will be made available when it will be.

Thank you for reading and waiting and watching patiently. :D
Smiles are contagious... Pass it on! :-D
FranClod

Postby Max Ader » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:14 am

It's necessary to do something with the download page - the current situation (Win release isn't ready, but button is here and you can click on her) is quite abnormal and became a source of unnecessary negative since the release of the last beta.
Max Ader

Postby tomb » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:59 am

FYI, windows builds of the 1.4 final release have now been uploaded to luxrender.net.

For those of you looking primarily to test LuxCore/GPU rendering I would reccomend checking out the 1.5 dev build available here though: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=11546 . In addition to having a more feature complete Luxblend, it contains several notable features not in 1.4 such as microkernel architecture, C++ geometry export function and support for the Intel Embree accelerator. You will need to know how to update Luxblend manually etc to get the best out of it though - it changes almost daily, so make sure you update it often.

As with all dev builds it is not, however, reccomended for production work as you can expect it to be unstable and/or contain experimental stuff.
tomb
Developer

Postby jeanphi » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:09 am

Hi,

Wow! Thanks a lot for the Windows builds! I'm now going to add the news item on the frontpage and we can spread the word on other rendering related sites.

Jeanphi
jeanphi
Developer

Postby tomb » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:20 am

The credit goes to Omniflux for giving us a hand in getting these up. Thanks Omniflux! :)
tomb
Developer

Postby zsolnai » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:29 am

A very hefty changelog. Great work! :)
zsolnai
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements