LuxRender 1.4RC2 release

News & Announcements regarding releases, features, exporters and project coordination.

Moderators: Dade, coordinators

Re: LuxRender 1.4RC2 release

Postby Lord Crc » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:45 am

I'm just asking because it was unclear what wasn't working for you. I've been out of touch for a while so I'm not sure what is expect to work and what isn't. But for my simple project, it worked fine enough, though as you say, material preview was messed up.
May contain traces of nuts.
Lord Crc
Developer

Postby jeanphi » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:04 am

Hi,

B.Y.O.B. is making rapid progress at improving LuxBlend usability, there should again be lots of fixes and improvements in that area for RC3. Having precise bug reports with test scenes and steps to reproduce will certainly help.

Jeanphi
jeanphi
Developer

Postby B.Y.O.B. » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:18 am

sharlybg wrote::oops:

download and instal I've the same result
light aren't exported when i delete all light source in the scene there still the same ghost light resulting with the same shadows

material preview bug
viewport preview very slow (i've 2XGTX Titan Black)

If you want to test API 2.x I recommend downloading LuxBlend from my branch: https://bitbucket.org/luxrender/luxblen ... review.zip
I removed the "default sun+sky" there and added support for sun, sky and distant lights, and the realtime preview should be better.
But as already said, it is not production ready! Don't expect a finished product and use it only for testing.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer

Postby sharlybg » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:27 am

LuxBlend 1.x API + OpenCL rendering modes (a.k.a. LuxCoreRenderer) are stable and production-ready (support most Lux features, but no viewport rendering and real-time scene updates); LuxBlend 2.x API is in heavy development and can't be used in production by general audience at the moment.

thanks satva finally understand my error ! i'm so blind sometimes forgive me ! ;)

If you'd like to see development at a faster pace, consider joining the dev team, or donate a sensible sum which we could use to hire a full-time addon developer.

surely i will do it soon I love luxrender and the team !

I'm just asking because it was unclear what wasn't working for you

after Satva advise thing get better .

But distant light don't work with api 1x. and Dade tell me that the best combo for fireflies free indoor scene we need "distant + hdr"
i7 6700k + 32 Gb DDR4 + 2X R9 390 sapphir nitro.
sharlybg

Postby SATtva » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:47 am

sharlybg wrote:But distant light don't work with api 1x.

Are you sure? It works for me. However you should note that distant light intensity differs greatly from sun and must be calibrated (with Gain parameter) to be seen at all.
Linux builds packager
聞くのは一時の恥、聞かぬのは一生の恥
SATtva
Developer

Postby sharlybg » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:01 am

Are you sure? It works for me. However you should note that distant light intensity differs greatly from sun and must be calibrated (with Gain parameter) to be seen at all.

This is the blend file can you check my architectural galss shader too ? it's to dark for me.

http://www.pasteall.org/blend/33099
i7 6700k + 32 Gb DDR4 + 2X R9 390 sapphir nitro.
sharlybg

Postby SATtva » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:44 am

You have an odd setup. You're using glass (not glass2) material with volumes definition which are also swapped up for interior and exterior, and finally objects' scale seems to be off -- more than 3m diameter. I fixed the scene, see the attachment.

I can confirm some issues with distant light though. First, LuxCoreRenderer incorrectly interprets the Theta parameter if it's > 0. For example, for 3 degrees, i got this error in Lux log: RUNTIME ERROR: Unknown light type: 0.000913852302

Second, lightsource vector is swapped, its direction is opposite to where it's pointing to in reality.
Attachments
lux-fixed.blend
(155.33 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
Linux builds packager
聞くのは一時の恥、聞かぬのは一生の恥
SATtva
Developer

Postby SATtva » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:27 am

Still there is an issue with glass material: it's being rendered much darker with LuxCoreRenderer than in classic mode:

lux-fixed.Scene.00001.jpg
Lux classic

lux-fixed.Scene.00002.jpg
LuxCoreRenderer

Please disregard brightness difference, i've used Reinhard tonemapping for these tests.
Linux builds packager
聞くのは一時の恥、聞かぬのは一生の恥
SATtva
Developer

Postby Dade » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:53 am

SATtva wrote:I can confirm some issues with distant light though. First, LuxCoreRenderer incorrectly interprets the Theta parameter if it's > 0. For example, for 3 degrees, i got this error in Lux log: RUNTIME ERROR: Unknown light type: 0.000913852302

Second, lightsource vector is swapped, its direction is opposite to where it's pointing to in reality.

I should have fixed both problems. Note: there was an error in exporting theta parameter in LuxBlend too (i.e. radians vs degree) so you need to update LuxBlend too.
Dade
Developer

Postby Dade » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:56 am

SATtva wrote:Still there is an issue with glass material: it's being rendered much darker with LuxCoreRenderer than in classic mode:

It looks more a problem with metal2 material (that affects tonemapping in your case). This is a rendering with classic Lux (auto-linear):

luxpath.png

and LuxCore (auto-linear):

pathocl.png

I think to know what is it, going to check.
Dade
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements