LuxRender 1.4RC1 release

News & Announcements regarding releases, features, exporters and project coordination.

Moderators: Dade, coordinators

Re: LuxRender 1.4RC1 release

Postby jeanphi » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:26 am

Hi,

You're right Paolo, you have your own constraints. The good thing is that the current LuxRender API is more or less frozen at the moment which means your next version of Reality should be perfectly compatible with 1.4 final, and maybe even the next LuxRender version (it might just lack support for the latest features, but since it is otherwise pretty much feature complete, that's no big deal I think).
I am really longing for your input on the LuxCore API because when you started work on Reality, it made Lux do a big leap forward and I expect the same to happen with LuxCore.

Jeanphi
jeanphi
Developer

Postby pciccone » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:53 am

Thank you Jeanphi.
I can't wait to be done with this version so that I can start focusing on the latest and greatest. It's a big benefit that we have this new license and that both the OS X and Windows versions are exporting the shared library. This will bring a much better, smoother levele of integration. I'm also eager to work on the new BIASPATH rendering to see how it can be used.

Cheers.
pciccone
Developer

Postby pinko » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:09 pm

Tnx for good job!!!
Ciao
Luca. ;)
Blender 2.72b - Luxrender 1.4RC1
pinko

Postby sc0Bee » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:16 pm

tomb wrote:This can be solved by contributing to our paypal account so the trustees can hire someone to write a proper blender exporter with LuxCore support ;-)

20 bucks sent.

Even though I'm very new to 3d modeling and rendering (just started tinkering with blender a couple of months ago), it didn't take me long to come across luxrender. Thank you thank you to all the devs! :mrgreen:
sc0Bee

Previous

Return to News & Announcements