LuxBlend25: Download, installation instructions, issues

Discussion related to the 'LuxBlend' Blender 2.4+ python exporter script.

Moderators: Ratow, SATtva, coordinators

Re: LuxBlend25: Download, installation instructions, issues

Postby slimbolino » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:47 pm

Hi folks,

Having stuck with Blender 2.49b & LRv0.7 for a long time and enjoyed it, I've decided to make the leaps to Blender 2.5 & LRv0.8 using Windows XP.

Unfortunately, I'm finding that my LR renders are nothing but a black image when using the latest Blender 2.56.5 r35899 and LR 0.8.0.RC2. I read on the LR installation instructions webpage that LR doesn't yet work with "2.5.6". Now, does that warning include 2.56.5? Clearly, they are strictly different sets of digits, but am I simply misinterpretting their close similarity and spending hours trying to get something to work that actually won't at this point in time?

Before I tear any more hair out, your advice will be very greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Slim
slimbolino

Postby J the Ninja » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:07 pm

No, that is a typo or old info, r35899 SHOULD work fine. Are you using internal or external mode? If you are using external, are you able to get LuxRender to start up?
-Jason

Material DB Admin
J the Ninja
Developer

Postby rendermagic » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:26 pm

Also...are you using Windows or Linux?
Render Magic
----------------
i7 950 - Not OC'd
24G DDR3 RAM
2 GTX 580s
rendermagic
Developer

Postby slimbolino » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:35 pm

Thanks for your quick replies.

I looked at the Blender console and it told me that luxrender.exe was not being found. I then realised that I had pointed to the luxrender folder inside my Windows XP 'application data' directory tree. Now I've pointed it at C:/program files/luxrender and it launches LR ok :D

So, it tries to render but immediately throws up an error. The LR log says:
[2011-Apr-03 00:28:05 Severe error: 47] Parsing error in file 'untitled.Scene.00001.lxs' at line 3: syntax error
which is beyond my understanding :?

Progress, but still not reaching the pretty pictures! Your ideas welcome...

TIA,
Slim
slimbolino

Postby rendermagic » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:59 pm

slimbolino wrote:Thanks for your quick replies.

I looked at the Blender console and it told me that luxrender.exe was not being found. I then realised that I had pointed to the luxrender folder inside my Windows XP 'application data' directory tree. Now I've pointed it at C:/program files/luxrender and it launches LR ok :D

[2011-Apr-03 00:28:05 Severe error: 47] Parsing error in file 'untitled.Scene.00001.lxs' at line 3: syntax error

TIA,
Slim

Did you make any changes to the LXS file by editing it notepad, or was it auto-generated by LuxBlend? Would you attach your LXS file here and we'll take a look at it? Was the LXS file generated when you had Blender 2.49?
Render Magic
----------------
i7 950 - Not OC'd
24G DDR3 RAM
2 GTX 580s
rendermagic
Developer

Postby J the Ninja » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:24 pm

slimbolino wrote:Thanks for your quick replies.

TIA,
Slim

Looks like you aimed it at an 0.7.1 build, double check your path.
-Jason

Material DB Admin
J the Ninja
Developer

Postby slimbolino » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:33 am

The .lxs was created in 2.5 and not edited at all.

Good point about the path being to 0.7. I've looked for another luxrender.exe and found it at C:\Documents and Settings\Simon\Desktop\luxrender\LuxRender_64_NoOpenCL\ so I've pointed to there now as I suspect this is 0.8. The LR window doesn't launch at all anymore :?

The Blender console doesn't say anymore that it can't find it. It does seem to run several .py files, the last one being subprocess.py before it says something about [error 193] %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Feels like we're getting closer.

Slim
slimbolino

Postby Seregost » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:00 am

Before posting I've try several times with several version of both lux, luxblend and blender trunks but anytime I try to activate luxblend gaveme the same error
Ubuntu 10.04 - Blender r35934 - luxblend25 is the last in the repo
Code: Select all
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/user/programmi/blender25/2.56/scripts/modules/addon_utils.py", line 207, in enable
    mod = __import__(module_name)
  File "/home/user/programmi/blender25/2.56/scripts/addons/luxrender/__init__.py", line 53, in <module>
    from . import core
  File "/home/user/programmi/blender25/2.56/scripts/addons/luxrender/core/__init__.py", line 45, in <module>
    from ..export.scene import SceneExporter
  File "/home/user/programmi/blender25/2.56/scripts/addons/luxrender/export/__init__.py", line 33, in <module>
    from ..outputs import LuxManager, LuxLog
  File "/home/user/programmi/blender25/2.56/scripts/addons/luxrender/outputs/__init__.py", line 45, in <module>
    from ..outputs import file_api
  File "/home/user/programmi/blender25/2.56/scripts/addons/luxrender/outputs/file_api.py", line 32, in <module>
    from ..outputs.pure_api import LUXRENDER_VERSION
  File "/home/user/programmi/blender25/2.56/scripts/addons/luxrender/outputs/pure_api.py", line 34, in <module>
    from .. import pylux
SystemError: initialization of pylux raised unreported exception
Sorry for my poor english
Seregost

Postby slimbolino » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:24 pm

Hi folks,

Thanks for your help. The penny has dropped. I've recognised the elephant in the room :lol: I was pointing to the 64-bit .exe rather than the 32-bit one that XP needs :oops: All well now. Brilliant :D

Best regards,
Slim
slimbolino

Postby c001os » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:14 am

Hi Everyone!

I have followed the install instructions very carefully in ubuntu 10.10, and tried the graphicall.org realases, but nothing works :(! I get the following error in each case when i want to activate the script:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/blender/2.56/scripts/modules/addon_utils.py", line 200, in enable
mod = __import__(module_name)
File "/home/c001os/.blender/2.56/scripts/addons/luxrender/__init__.py", line 53, in <module>
from . import core
File "/home/c001os/.blender/2.56/scripts/addons/luxrender/core/__init__.py", line 38, in <module>
import bpy, bl_ui
ImportError: No module named bl_ui

Any help?

Thx a lot!
c001os

PreviousNext

Return to LuxBlend (Blender Exporter)