LuxBlend for LuxCore

Discussion related to the 'LuxBlend' Blender 2.4+ python exporter script.

Moderators: Dade, Ratow, SATtva, coordinators

Re: LuxBlend for LuxCore

Postby B.Y.O.B. » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:58 pm

Min/max epsilon values are now exposed (can be found in advanced settings).
(needed to avoid artifacts in some scenes)
Attachments
scrn_05-03-2017_00-16-15.png
scrn_05-03-2017_00-16-15.png (18.66 KiB) Viewed 648 times
User avatar
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
 
Posts: 5139
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:10 pm
Location: Germany

Re: LuxBlend for LuxCore

Postby Piita » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:21 am

B.Y.O.B. wrote:Min/max epsilon values are now exposed (can be found in advanced settings).
(needed to avoid artifacts in some scenes)


Excellent.


Would it be possible to save the image while it's rendering, or be able to adjust the light groups and tone mapping settings after the render has stopped? Being able to save several renders with different settings would be great. I absolutely loved that feature in classic lux.
If this is a limitation in Blender, then would a save render button on the properties panel be OK?

save image while rendering.jpg
User avatar
Piita
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:09 pm
Location: Finland

Re: LuxBlend for LuxCore

Postby B.Y.O.B. » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:26 am

Piita wrote:or be able to adjust the light groups and tone mapping settings after the render has stopped? Being able to save several renders with different settings would be great. I absolutely loved that feature in classic lux.

Very hard to implement in a good way.
I would suggest that you pause the render when you think it's finished, then you can still make adjustments.
It will no longer drain CPU, but the Session will be kept alive and still use RAM.

Once the film saving in LuxCore is fully implemented (it might be already?) you will be able to save the film to disk so you can load it later and make adjustments.

Piita wrote:Would it be possible to save the image while it's rendering

I think it's possible to save it in intervals (in LuxCore, not in Blender API).
I remember looking into it and there where some problems with the save path.
User avatar
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
 
Posts: 5139
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:10 pm
Location: Germany

Re: LuxBlend for LuxCore

Postby Dade » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:58 pm

B.Y.O.B. wrote:
Piita wrote:or be able to adjust the light groups and tone mapping settings after the render has stopped? Being able to save several renders with different settings would be great. I absolutely loved that feature in classic lux.

Very hard to implement in a good way.
I would suggest that you pause the render when you think it's finished, then you can still make adjustments.
It will no longer drain CPU, but the Session will be kept alive and still use RAM.

Once the film saving in LuxCore is fully implemented (it might be already?)


Yes, it is: you can save the film and run any image pipeline you want with any parameter and as many time you want ... and even at the same time because multiple image pipilines are supported.
User avatar
Dade
Developer
 
Posts: 8363
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:04 pm
Location: Italy

Re: LuxBlend for LuxCore

Postby B.Y.O.B. » Sun May 14, 2017 12:32 pm

I finally found the time to finish the changes necessary for the new renderengine names. I hope I didn't break anything.
You can now (and have to) use LuxBlend with the latest LuxCore binaries.
Those are available from the binary sdk: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=13329
User avatar
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
 
Posts: 5139
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:10 pm
Location: Germany

Re: LuxBlend for LuxCore

Postby Dacicusan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:38 pm

I need a MacOS build. If somebody have please help. Thank you.
Dacicusan
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:51 am

Previous

Return to LuxBlend (Blender Exporter)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest